Level 200 - Intermediate
This hands-on one-day training takes you through the following topics – fundamentals of R, R for ETL, producing reports, and doing data science. Starting with some simple data manipulation, we’ll quickly progress to tools that can make an immediate impact in your day job.
- For ETL, we’ll look at ways to import and export data, transform it, and apply data quality checks along the way.
- For producing reports we’ll see how we can build web reports, PDFs, and interactive dashboards.
- For data science, we’ll look at how R supports you along the process.
By the end of the day, you’ll know some R (including some advanced stuff!) that you can add to your toolbelt.
This is hands-on so make sure to bring your laptop - we'll be using a lab environment online but installing R and RStudio as a backup or so you can try things with your data can be useful.
- Basic R skills in analyzing tabular data
- A good understanding of what is involved in using R for ETL
- Capable of building basic reports in R.
- Able to support data scientists or start coding data science
In-depth list of covered topics
- Tidyverse data pipelines
- Data Manipulation fundamentals
- Importing and exporting data
- Data transformation and quality checking
- Using rmarkdown
- Building flexdashboards
- Data preparation for data science
- Constructing models
- Evaluating models
- Publishing models in SQL Server
Steph is the founder of a consultancy in the UK. Her talks, blog posts, conferences, and business all have one thing in common – they help people get started with data science. Steph holds the Microsoft MVP award for her community contributions. In her spare time, Steph plays board games with her husband and takes copious pictures of her doggos.